Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

I think it is more or less a question of when - the job market will become better

Posted: Jan 18th, 2018 - 9:23 pm In Reply to: Awful question to be asking. Salt in the wound reaction - MTfor years

I know the propaganda right now is that the job market is supposed to be "hot," but I don't think that's the case. If it was so "hot," why aren't wages rising? Employers are still used to getting hundreds of applicants who will work for cheap (that is, still have a recession mindset) and as soon as there is an inkling that wages are beginning to go up, I think you will see these transcription companies being left in the dust. We will no longer have to accept those minimum-wage or less transcription jobs. The low pay is way out of proportion to our skills, a lot of which can be translated into another job, all of which I think I can safely say pay better and offer steady work. People will be able to find another job and hopefully, even older people, who are still being discriminated against for age (I heard about several high-tech companies who weren't accepting anyone older than 36. 36!!).

These MTSOs are soon going to have to realize that you can't have a sweatshop mentality, time-on-keyboard monitoring, pay-docking for some stupid typo, etc. for very much longer and I don't think sending it all to India is the answer, either. The Indians are also being treated poorly by the MTSOs and are never getting raises, either. They are unhappy, too.

I think karma is going to catch up to MTSOs. What goes around comes around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)