Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Poster from above - anon

Posted: Jan 18th, 2018 - 11:02 am In Reply to: From my perspective - Just another MT

One of the things that I have done for MANY years (probably from when I started in this biz 30+ years ago), as far as punctuation goes, is to "read the report" as I type. You should, as an MT, have a good enough command of the English language, to know when to use a comma, semicolon or a period. I also have grammar check set on my copy of Microsoft Word. I don't "ding" for punctuation, but I will correct something. As far as researching that is part of your job as an MT. This is a patient' life that is in your hands and thank heavens, none of the places I work require "line counts per hour." Their bottom line is to make sure that the document is produced in a timely manner and as correct as possible. Google MT is a great resource for being able to figure things out, because you can basically type in a phrase that you might not be able to understand and usually within the first 1-2 hits, find your answer. But blatant errors and downright carelessness are just unacceptable. Even as a QA person, I have to transcribe as well, and I will catch myself missing something, so QA is not always perfect either!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)