Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not brain surgery - Read between the lines

Posted: Jan 14th, 2018 - 1:01 pm In Reply to: Not easier - sm

I know it isn’t brain surgery and apparently I don’t understand the intent, but every so often someone comes here and predicts the demise of coding as if they are lying in wait for it or happy to see it happen. I took an on line coding course and personally thought it was more difficult than MT. Also, in some instances it is a long way from finishing a course to being gainfully employed. I have been working in transcription support services since my organization outsourced a few years ago and we use MTs bead in India. We have seen the quality of the work improve dramatically over time and the learning curve is getting smaller. I know several domestic MTs who did subpar work and struggled with basic English grammar. Keeping the work in the US is no guarantee of quality. The bottom line is that none of us are indispensable but I’m not sure what gratification people get by pointing out that coders might be losing their jobs to outsourcing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)