Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Doom and gloom - Read between the lines

Posted: Jan 14th, 2018 - 8:27 am In Reply to: Does not surprise me at all - Coding will go the same way transcription did

Some coding gets outsourced now, I suppose. I work for a brick and mortar facility that has a full coding staff and has trouble finding qualified people, we have inpatient and ambulatory care staff and a compliance department so there are plenty of coding jobs. Any facility that offshores an entire department is just asking for trouble in terms of audits and other issues. I have never heard of any facility cutting coders wages in the matter you describe. Services might do it but most people work on site. As far as production, coders have always had to meet facility standards and coding a certain number of records per day has always been required. Automation has affected the profession for some entry level positions, but many people will have other employment opportunities if and when the sky falls as you think it certainly will. You can not compare coding to transcription, they are entirely different things. Instead of coming here and gloating when a coding department offshores and predicting ill will for others, you might consider showing some empathy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)