Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 52)

Does not surprise me at all - Coding will go the same way transcription did

Posted: Jan 13th, 2018 - 6:57 pm In Reply to: Just saw on the news this morning that the entire - JobsVanishing

Those outsourced coders are probably still getting reasonable pay, just like we did for a few years before things went to Hades. You know though that they are still getting less than what they got before they were outsourced but it's probably not the equivalent of 2 or 3 cents a line. I think they are paid on how many charts they can do per hour, or something like that. Why on earth the coders who were on here in the coding/medical billing board(who left because they couldn't stand the predictions about their losing their jobs plus eventually being paid at poverty rates) kept steadfastly saying it wouldn't happen to them, I don't know. I think poverty rates of pay for coders are probably maybe 5 years down the road. But if there is a another recession sooner, particularly of the depth of the one we had in 2007 or 2008, it's my guess that poverty pay will begin at that time. At any rate, it's going to happen to them a lot faster than it did to us because these big transcription companies are going to probably take coding over and they will pay poorly, if not immediately, after not too long. That would be my guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)