Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 40)

Rental issues - Long term renter

Posted: Jan 13th, 2018 - 8:56 am In Reply to: I'm disabled, my landlord won't renew my Lease - Mel

Landlords really don't care about sloppiness but they care about damage, you would need to define sloppy. You probably paid a damage/cleaning deposit when you moved in. I don't know if large management companies are as tolerant as private landlords, I've rented from both. We're given until the 5th to pay our rent, then there is a $35 late charge, the same for NSF checks but of course you need to cover it or they are going to turn you over to collection or start the eviction process if they don't get the rent, that's a standard thing across the board. Please don't bounce any more checks, that is going to make things worse. When you signed the rental agreement, that was reassurance that the rent would be paid on time and you would leave things in order, you should not need to be making "deals." Maybe it would help if you could pay twice a month, maybe the 1st and 15th instead of all in one lump sum, they may start asking for cash or a cashier's check. My opinion about the attorney's fee is that you'd be better off applying it to next month's rent or saving it for a potential move. See if the management company has other properties, maybe you could get a smaller place or something less expensive. I understand why you are scared, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)