Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 44)

Grave - Debbie

Posted: Jan 12th, 2018 - 1:08 pm

January 08, 2018
@@
RE: @@
D.O.B. @@
Consultation 01/08/18
Dear Dr. @@:
I had the opportunity to evaluate @@ in the retina clinic today.  @@
Vision today was @@
OCT imaging
ASSESSMENT:    @@
@@
PLAN:    @@
Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this patient's care.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
Justin T.L. Baynham, M.D.
(Dictated but not read to expedite mailing)
cc: @@ 

Hi.  This may seem a silly question.  My doctors all want to add an apostrophe to Graves disease, either Graves' disease or Grave's disease.  I know if an apostrophe is supposed to be used, it should be Graves' disease.  

My Stedman's electronic dictionary and Stedman's electronic ophthalmology word book spell it Graves disease without an apostrophe, which personally I think is the correct spelling because it is the title of a disease.  The disease is not owned by Mr. Graves, in other words, he does not have the disease.  You would not say Lincoln's memorial, you say Lincoln memorial.  

Probably a silly distinction, but aren't we transcriptionists a bit persnickety?  

Thanks, Debbie

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)