Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

ATHREON - Meh - ICMT

Posted: Jan 12th, 2018 - 9:52 am

I just got a part time contract wtih Athreon. 

1.  The hiring process is rigorous - you have to send them a copy of your college transcript, get a business license, get an EIN number and provide 3 professional references.  There are 2 interviews.  The pay is 8 cpl for straight typing NOT INCLUDING SPACES, and 4 cpl editing (no spaces).  They deduct $1 every paycheck for softwear rental. 

2. They have very complicated, multi-page account requirements and system training.  Training consists of getting 3 files assigned to you and waiting for the feedback that goes through at least 2 channels before reaching you in e-mail. (I am a seasoned, expeienced MT and want to just jump in and learn and get in a rhythm!)  There is no IM platform to communicate. 

3. There is a policy that if you miss an addressee/CC on a report, you are docked $1.00 for every missed or incorrectly entered adresss.  They call it a "discount". 

4. Once you are released from training, they send you this long, complicated e-mail explaining "Productivity Factor"...which is really a way they keep track of every little thing you do and time how long your cursor doesn't move, etc.  Remember, this is not an employee status job. 

I wanted to post this, because many may not want to bother with this company.  I am planning to leave for something better ASAP.  Thank goodness it's my second, part-time gig.  They are almost exactly like Nuance (I was there 2 years), but you aren't an employee, so you don't even have the few benefits that can come with, like PTO and insurance.  I think all of this adds up to a real headache.  I want to tell them if they want me to act like a business and have a DBA/business license and all of that, then they are my CLIENT, not my EMPLOYER.  Botom line - no thanks.  I have 11 years full time MT experience, and I know better.  They are patronizing, cumbersome and annoying.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)