Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am right there in agreement with you. - MTfor years

Posted: Jan 9th, 2018 - 3:14 pm In Reply to: Why does QA have to be so picky? - Old MT

Who the heck cares if I type 40 to 50%? I am corrected to 40% to 50% or 40%-50%. Put me on the rack for not hyphenating two words together. God forbid if I make a numbered list because it clarifies things and makes it easier to read when the patient has a list of 20 medications. Nope. I am slaughtered for doing that. Never mind that I choose to add an "and" or "to" or something to make the sentence understood for these dang foreigners. Here comes the minor error for adding text. But then if I don't lightly edit, then I am kicked around for not cleaning it up. If err on the side of verbatim to see what QA will do, yep, I am blasted for not fixing things. WTH?

I remember the good old days when we were left alone to type and make judgment calls. The doctor then had the ultimate say in whether to accept them or not. They appreciated our ability to understand the implied meaning and we made them look fabulous in print. We were lauded for our knowledge.

The nit pickiness is what is prompting me to look for a non-MT job (gee, should I have hyphenated that or not?).

My adrenal glands have blown a gasket over the years and I am tired of trying to play circus games to keep everyone happy.

In all seriousness, I am being paid so little to edit, which equates to NOT thinking about what I am doing and just type and let the chips fall as they may.

I think QA has gotten out of control, and the doctors have absolutely no idea what account specs are and what we have to memorize just to try and pass audits.

It is this waffling about whether we are to be verbatim, partially verbatim, don't touch the TV dial ever, or actually be too good at our job. Everyone is so paranoid about mistakes.

We were trusted in the past with how we transcribed, not considered a liability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)