Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

I have been given the opportunity to move from - CCS or CPC?

Posted: Jan 1st, 2018 - 2:24 pm

MT into the coding department.  I completed the coding program through DeVry University in 2012, but never got certified because I got my current job as a transcription working the office at a small rural hospital.  Recently, the coding department had an opening and I threw my hat into the ring because this hospital likes to promote from within and are very open to letting you learn on the job if they think you have the potential.  I got the opportunity to use my education from DeVry and I'm doing really well.  I am currently coding all outpatient charts and will be learning inpatient starting this week.  My question is this... Eventually I will need to get certified in order to make more money and I was wondering which credentials I should pursue - CCS through AHIMA or CPC through AAPC?

I want to choose the credential that is more widely known and respected and that would make me more marketable in the future if for some unforeseen reason I find myself needing to find another job.  I was going to post on the coding board, but there is absolutely nothing on that board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)