Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Apologizing in advance - It is what it is

Posted: Dec 21st, 2017 - 9:02 pm In Reply to: New technology should not be making rates - sm

"The only MTs accepting these rates are new and semi-retired...' You are staying so you are accepting it too. I don't know how long you are willing to wait for things to change, but maybe it's time to consider your options. Any extra money from tax breaks will probably be used for upgrades to corporate infrastructure or distributed from the top down, and it will probably be the salaried employees who benefit. Like it or not, MTs jobs are production based and the services undercut each other constantly with lower line rates in order to get clients. The industry as a whole probably is not doing that well with technology and offshoring eliminating a lot of jobs. I work in transcription support now because my job was eliminated a few years ago and any bonuses my employer pays are merit-based, they don't just hand out money to people because they happen to have a little extra due to a tax cut. Your last sentence is probably true but at this point no one cares because there aren't enough jobs anyway. I don't know how you can possibly compare what MTs do to a doctor or nurse. No person off the street could edit a medical report with any accuracy or speed, so that proves what? Please explain what you think your editing skills are worth in today's marketplace, probably not as much as you think. Yes, it is terrible that wages have stagnated or gone down, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for corporation XYZ to come to their senses. You are being paid what the market will bear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)