Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 74)

We Are Talking Overall - From see msg

Posted: Dec 21st, 2017 - 9:02 am In Reply to: Indeed.com - mtgramma

We're not necessarily talking about MT jobs. I used to go through Indeed.com for non-MT job hunting, and there were very few applications that did not require a SS#. I'm going back several years, so perhaps that's changed, what with security breeches and people being more conscious of that.

Maybe, finally the companies had enough complaints about having to put their SS in there, when the applicants didn't even know if they were in the running for as much as an in-person interview.

Anyway, I still say if you want to stay local and safe, check your local newspaper job ads and go out on foot and hand out resumes or ask if you can fill out an application. I had better luck with that than anything online.

I am happily out of MT, and in fact, totally retired at this point, but I got several years of non-MT employment under my belt without having to fill out online applications.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Indeed.com - mtgramma (Views: 1490, 2017-12-20, 9:48 am)
    • Warning - see msg (Views: 885, 2017-12-20, 3:56 pm)
      • Yep - I ran into that w/ Nuance (Views: 712, 2017-12-20, 5:22 pm)
        • Indeed.com - mtgramma (Views: 1023, 2017-12-20, 7:54 pm)
          • We Are Talking Overall - From see msg