Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

We are now in a position to DEMAND better line rates with this - corporate tax-reform windfall.

Posted: Dec 21st, 2017 - 5:16 am

MODERATOR:  THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST - PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TO THE POLITICS BOARD!  It should be seen by the entire MT Stars community and should be pinned to the top of this board.

Our companies no longer can cry poor-mouth.  They continue to receive whatever line rate they have contracted for, while their own taxes will be decreased substantially.  This means they will enjoy a much better "bottom line" - AND WE DESERVE SOME OF THIS WINDFALL.

Other companies are now lining up to declare the ways in which they are going to share their tax reduction with their employees.  Not only is this list growing, but the things they are doing such as $1000 bonuses, pay increases etc are pretty impressive.

WE WILL HAVE TO DEMAND THE SAME BECAUSE OUR EMPLOYERS ARE NOTORIOUS SCROOGES WHO ARE UNLIKELY TO DO ANYTHING FOR US ON THEIR OWN!! 

That's right, sisters.  They'll sit there like fat toads raking in the extra profits and keeping every penny for themselves IF WE DO NOTHING.

Of all the workers in this nation who have suffered in terms of compensation over the last 10 to 15 years (while the demands of the job have exploded), WE are in the top ten at least, if not the top 5.

NOW is the time for this despicable situation to come to an end.

I repeat, NOW.  And if we see no improvement in our line rates, then a NATIONAL JOB ACTION MUST FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY, STARTING WITH NUANCE AND THE COMPANIES THAT SUBCONTRACT WITH NUANCE  SUCH AS TTS AND OTHERS!! 

In addition, we should publicly SHAME companies that selfishly refuse to share these tax benefits with their MTs.  And by public shaming, I mean a specific page devoted to this purpose on the MT Coalition site as well as direct contact with clients to let them know what their transcription provider is doing - or not doing, rather.  I also mean contact with media outlets that are always looking for stories of this nature but are unaware of our situation (hint to MT Coalition!).

NO EXCUSES!

It's mighty odd, sisters, that we would fight for respect in the workplace with regard to harassment, sexual misconduct, etc, but will not fight for the basic HUMAN RIGHT to decent compensation that recognizes our expertise and our labor. 

In my opinion, the assault on our standard of living that has been perpetuated by transcription companies over more than a decade is FAR WORSE than any other form of misconduct in the workplace could EVER be.  The insult of this assault on our compensation has been broad, it has been deep, and it has been pervasive.

By these tax reforms, the door has been opened for us to demand what is rightfully ours.  The only question is whether or not WE will seize the moment and walk through that door.

I will.  Will you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)