Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Warning - see msg

Posted: Dec 20th, 2017 - 3:56 pm In Reply to: Indeed.com - mtgramma

Be careful. A lot of those companies needing employees require you to give out your SS# on the online application. Don't ever do this. It is just not wise to put your SS# on these things since you're filling out several. If you don't fill in out your SS#, you can't proceed with the application, but there may be a work-around; see below.

Call the company who is hiring directly and ask if there is another way to apply. If they only require the online method with your SS#, run. If they allow you to apply in person with a paper application, do that, but if there's a SS field, put "will provide at time of job offer." Or, you could say, "will provide at time of in-person interview."

I got out of the biz by merely sending out resumes to local businesses and answering ads in my local newspaper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Indeed.com - mtgramma (Views: 1490, 2017-12-20, 9:48 am)
    • Warning - see msg
      • Yep - I ran into that w/ Nuance (Views: 712, 2017-12-20, 5:22 pm)