Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You have summarized it very well. - MTfor years

Posted: Dec 20th, 2017 - 3:10 pm In Reply to: These picayune client specs that add nothing whatsoever - to documentation quality...

I have been griping about this very situation ever since the Book of Crap came into existence. The attempt to create standardized transcription rules was doomed to fail, all because the doctors each had specific wants and everyone caved in to their demands.

My solution has always been this: We type it with standard English grammar rules and let the hospital and/or doctor change it to what they want. Then let's see how quickly they will let go of their fussiness because it will take too danged long to correct every document on their end. You can't have verbatim and nonverbatim at the same time...geez.

My stress level has never been worse than it has been in the past five years. Getting divorced and the ensuing gastric ulcer was a piece of cake to suffer through compared to my day job.

I feel your pain; we all do!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)