Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 70)

Work stoppage - Never happen

Posted: Dec 14th, 2017 - 12:20 am In Reply to: Can't believe I actually agree with Jay Vance - MT

Too many MTs have to work and cannot take that chance. What if we all did that and they said, okay, just send everything to India. They wouldn't care and they don't care, that is why they treat us like they do.

You just have to decide what you want to do; stay with MT or get out, no two ways about it. If you are home bound due to circumstances, then you have to make it work, somehow, someway. How many MTs out there work for 2, 3 or 4 companies? A lot! I work for 2 myself and I just want to work PT and sometimes I cannot get enough time in for that.

It is very sad what has happened to this wonderful job we all used to love and cherish. I never took it for granted not for one second, but now I just do what I can, when I can and to hell with these places. Their browbeating and nit picking doesn't get to me like it used to, although I do cringe when I go to email and see a note from them. The thing is, I do the best I can and no matter what you do, how much you try, how long you work, how many times you put in OT, etc., when they are done with you, they are done and most of the time they just sell their company with no thought at all of their employees.

Even the so-called unions of days gone by have no power anymore. I remember working at the markets was a very good job, now they hire kids with face piercings and rumbled T-shirts who couldn't tell you where the apples are in the store if they had to.

Times have change and not for the better, so we just do what we can to keep on "living the dream."

I just hope I have a my job(s) come 2018!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)