Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

Bad grammar and "verbatim" medical transcription - guess

Posted: Dec 13th, 2017 - 3:34 pm In Reply to: "I seen" ???? NM - MTSadly

is the other thing that is taking down this business. When I was in college 20-some years ago I was taught by my program director that as a transcriptionist it was my job to make the dictator look good on paper. Fix his horrid grammar and complete lack of sentence structure and apparent inability to use punctuation appropriately. Now we have to just make sure that the author understands it. Forget the potential attorney, judge, or other providers who have to make sense of it. I AM the grammar police though I will respect the boundaries of this board. I have to assume at least some of us do not have English as our first language. I'm not perfect but I would actually want to be corrected if I sounded like an idiot because of my grammar. We got these jobs because we had an affinity not only for the medical language but language period. Never stop learning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)