Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Bummed out too - How did this happen

Posted: Dec 9th, 2017 - 7:17 pm In Reply to: Bummed out - Beanhead

Once upon a time, we were respected, paid decently, rewarded for our work, you could find a job in a day if you needed one. Now fast forward about 5 years and WTH. We are gum on their shoes. We work for less than par wages, are expected to be 100% correct on everything, do all of this demographic work for free, no incentive, no weekend differential, no raises, not even employee positions any longer. I would kill for a statutory position, rather than straight IC.

My internet was down for 2 days and I could not work, no compensation whatsoever and how long will it take me to make up that time and money? I won't, because the workload is so low now and everyone is scrambling.

MM and Nuance, starting with Spheris have destroyed this line of work.

We read about 3 cpl for editing and cringe; well think about 4 cpl. Would we ever thought it would be so low? No way and for straight, 7 cpl. 8 cpl is almost unheard of out there and kudos to those of you who do get that much and maybe more. We had our own accounts, not all over the place and reams and reams of CPs to wade through, all at our own expense, not to mention equipment, etc.

Truly sad and I for one am just sick about it, as I like being an MT and yes I do like working at home, but I am being forced out slowly but surely.

I was never beat up so bad as I am now with QA and the demands are almost impossible. 2 hour TAT! Where in the heck did that come from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)