Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Exactly, - Ditto!

Posted: Dec 9th, 2017 - 4:18 pm In Reply to: PRECISION TRANSCRIPTION... - magmed

I posted the other day about sending an anonymous email to an "unscrupulous, underpaying" MTSO. I believe it was Precision, who has a posting on MTJobs right now. One reply was asking when we would get it, that these companies don't care, etc. Another was way off base stating that most MTs were mousey and wimpy and couldn't get their own accounts (now, there's a WTF for ya!). Anyway, I sure do "get it," but that wasn't the point. The point was that, while I don't expect anything to change and am actively getting out of this profession as my main bread and butter (while on public assistance to make up the difference), IT FELT SO GOOD to send that email. The point was catharsis, not changing the status quo. While a recruiter (I'm assuming from the tone of the job post) jokes with, "Oh, I supposed you'd like to know the line rate" (paraphrasing here), they probably have no effing clue, just like most clients of MTSOs have no clue, that we are now paid seriously substandard wages and grossly undercompensated. Nobody's rolling in it, whether you're a contractor or subcontractor, but to no longer be able to make a living wage for such valuable work is truly unconscionable. So, I sent that email for the catharsis quotient only. Ahhh . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)