Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I agree with both posts by LDSMT, with the only exception being sm - Lexi

Posted: Dec 9th, 2017 - 8:36 am In Reply to: From what I have heard, audits - LDSMT

the abruptness of the notice. Two companies I worked for were acquired by MModal. The first was years ago, YOG. One day we worked for YOG, the next for Medquist (Mmodal). That time was compounded by the owner having sworn over and over again she would NEVER sell to Medquist. The second time was a smaller company. I received a call from my supervisor that we were now employed by Mmodal with zero prior knowledge.

There were a lot of posts about how awful it was going to be, we were going to be living in cardboard boxes, etc. I have to say that none of that happened. Yes, I have lost money in pay cuts, but that has happened across the board in MT, as well as other industries.

Because of our isolation, MTs sometimes feel changes in the workplace are only happening to us, when actually it is happening in nearly every industry in the nation. Pay hasn't kept up with cost of living, jobs have been off shored, insurance premiums have gone up, benefits have been slashed. Now, I'm not saying this is good, or shouldn't be a worry, just that it isn't only us, but if you read this or any other MT board, it sounds as if it is.

I don't find the goals here hard to meet, IF I DO MY JOB. When I have fallen short, it's because I have a hard time keeping my backside in my chair and hands on the keyboard, or at least the keyboard that builds my paycheck.

Please try not to worry until you know you have something to worry about. It is literally beyond your control. For many of us, me included, that is the hardest part because I like to be in control.

If worry was a profession, I'd be a multimillionaire. When I find myself in catastrophic worry mode, it helps me to make a list of things I am grateful for, things that make me happy, and things that help. Like breathing. Seriously. There are times I need to remind myself to breathe. My brother once told me, "only the end of the world is the end of the world."

I hope you have a nice holiday season in spite of the worry.

Sending love, hugs and thoughts of peace,

Lexi

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)