Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

My pet peeve is the BOS. - MTfor years

Posted: Dec 7th, 2017 - 1:11 pm In Reply to: Abbreviations and VR - LongtimeMT

I have always called it the Book of Sit with an "h" in there. That stupid book was created before speech recognition, and now there are so many conflicts and problems that it is an annoying gnat to combine the two. Frankly, I hate both of them. Speech recognition is touted to be flexible, accurate, convenient, yaddah, yaddah. It creates more busy work for us. I will always ask, "What's wrong with English grammar rules?" Why are we changing grams to g? And that is supposed to be more understandable? To whom? Surely, not a lawyer.

My stance is if there is all this fabulous technology out there, then let the hospital go through each and every report and change it to their specifications. Hire some data entry people to search and find and replace. That will save us time and get the work to you faster, and gee, maybe even earn more since we are not chasing after dust bunnies that never seemed to get sucked up into the vacuum and then they show up one minute later.

I agree, I change satting all the blinking time to saturating. Alk phos or alkaline phosphatase are the same darn thing!!

If the speech program isn't adapting properly, then why should I?

Here is another one: Templates. I'm sick of fixing errors in templates. You made them and typed them, YOU fix the frappin errors!

I'm done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)