Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

So sorry this is happening to you. - CHMT2

Posted: Dec 4th, 2017 - 11:00 am In Reply to: We STILL haven’t been paid!!! - Sick and Tired

I quit my last job with a private practice in June after five years because I had to constantly wait, beg, hear excuses, etc. for the last few months that I worked there. I put them on suspension once until they caught up with my invoices, and then things were okay until the nonsense started again. I gave them a few months (should have left sooner), and then I pulled the plug. It was a shift to be an employee after so many years as an IC, but not having the anxiety and indignity of having to chase the money any more is well worth it, and it has been fine.
As an IC, you can go to the Better Business Bureau. I know a couple of MTs who told the clients about the MTSO's shady dealings as well. If you have a written contract, I was advised to talk to the labor board and/or a legal clinic, but I found another job and left after I got every dime they owed me, including late charges of 10% which they offered to try to get me to stay. Keep the pressure on the owner--let us know how it turns out. Terrible to keep asking people to work when you know you can't meet payroll :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)