Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 48)

The only problem is... - Sandy

Posted: Dec 2nd, 2017 - 11:56 am In Reply to: The Messy Link - Dusty

I know my history, including economic history. Ergo, I did not get very far. I stopped reading as soon as I came across this MAJOR error:

"Capitalism is not just about the free market; it was also built on the backs of slaves who were literally the opposite of free."

Capitalism originated in EUROPE long before the United States was founded. And NO, there were NO plantations in the Netherlands or Britain. The plantation was designed by Europeans in America so was a uniquely American construct.

"African slave labour was used extensively to work on early plantations (such as tobacco, rice, cotton, and sugar plantations) in the American colonies and the United States, throughout the Caribbean, the Americas, and in European-occupied areas of Africa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_capitalism

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)