Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

I do not think you are in denial - LDSMT

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 2:06 pm In Reply to: The op - MT

It doesn't sound to me like you are in denial at all. I think you are weighing all the options and trying to make the best decision for yourself, which is hard to do when you don't have all the information you need to make that decision.

I completely agree with the post by MT29, every bit of it. Make the decision you feel is best based on the knowledge you have, and then do the best you can in that position.

My purpose in replying to your post originally is because I have been where you are with the fear and trepidation, and worrying if you will still be able to provide financially for your family. I also understand that the negatives about MModal run more rampant on this board than anything positive.

I am not in denial about the negatives of working here. I know what they are, and I don't doubt anyone else's experience here, just as they should not doubt mine. They monitor lots of stupid picky things, but this has never caused a problem for me. It is just annoying to know they do it rather than it being a major problem.

I just wanted to point out the possibility that if you feel this is your only choice, it might not be as bad as you think.

For instance, you will hear on this board that there are no raises here. That is not true. I have asked for and gotten a raise every year for the past 4 years, the last one being just last pay period. Until you reach the top of the pay scale for your position, you can ask for a raise annually. There was a time when we had the "lovely" Amy in charge here, who did tell us there would be no raises, but she is long gone, along with that policy.

MModal will never get my stamp of approval for being the best place I have ever worked, in fact, even for me, it is probably the worst company I have ever worked for, but it works for me and my situation, and allows me to provide for my family better than anywhere else I could get a job at this point in my life with my lack of a college education.

I don't know if MModal is the best fit for you, I just know right now it still works for me.

I truly hope everything works out for you. It is such an unfair situation to find oneself in, and I hate that people keep getting put in these situations, but it seems to be the fate of this career choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)