Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

LDSMT has good and realistic points - Rose-colored glasses

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 10:20 am In Reply to: A very well-written and reassuring post, thank you! - Hayseed

However, don't fool yourself. In my 10 years as an MT, I had good accounts and good managers about 1/4 of the time. The other 3/4 of the time I told myself if I work harder, smarter, etc., things will get better. Eventually the perks of working at home and avoiding the commute outweighed the stress of being an at-home MT. Sitting 8 hours a day is very unhealthy; combined with the stress, it may be more damaging than dealing with the stress of cubicles and commuting. I am also really happy now to have weekends and holidays off now.

Actually, I can see your comments fit my thoughts during my MT working time and I think I was exhibiting a good case of denial. It is easy to put on the rose-colored glasses until you hit the wall.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)