Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

So glad - sm

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 10:09 am In Reply to: Cannot make any promises, but.... - LDSMT

So glad LDSMT chimed in here. I thought that was a beautifully written post. She always inspires me, even though I cannot make decent money here to save my life, no matter how hard I try. Decent money, to me, being over $750 every 2 weeks take home pay.

I cannot maintain a lines per hour rate over 300 for any length of time, which really is my problem. When work volume slows down and reports start coming in from so many different places, it just slows me way down and my paychecks fall accordingly. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in LDSMT's office to see how she does it! If I could stay with just 2 or 3 major accounts, I could do it easily. But I have had many managers tell me the average LPH on our team is between 250 and 350, with a small few consistently closer to 400, and another small few not even making minimum, so it really is just me. At this company, it all comes down to being fast, accurate, and focused. That's how you make money and that's how you don't get tripped up by all the ridiculous micromanaging. But as LDSMT said, it's also luck because the accounts you get affect all of the above.

So I am here because it still works for me to be here, because I am still working on figuring out how to beat the system and get my line count up higher, and because even though there is a whole mess of bad about this company, there are a few things good enough to make it worth my while to stay.

If that ever changes, I may look into other types of transcription, such as legal. I do love transcription work and it is really important for me to work at home because of a family situation I can't easily change.

I too have kids and a mortgage and I understand the stress you feel. But you may be someone who can work at a fast enough pace to make this work for you, and again, as LDSMT said, you may luck out with decent accounts and a good supervisor.

So don't be afraid. If you decide to make the transition, give it a shot for 6 weeks, and if it just isn't a good fit, maybe look into some of the online Facebook forums for insight into other types of transcription out there, or follow some of the great advice above and how to transition elsewhere.

Best of luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)