Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Cannot make any promises, but.... - LDSMT

Posted: Nov 30th, 2017 - 9:42 am In Reply to: I am scared - MT

this is what I will say. There are no guarantees with how this will play out for you, as most of it will depend on what manager you get and what accounts you are put on, but working here is not always horrible for everyone.

If I could chose my ideal place to work, this place would not be it. I think they do a lot of things wrong, but it is not all bad.

The positives are probably that they always pay on time, and the Fluency program is really easy to work on, has a lot of perks built in that make the job faster. They have built in a few stupid things that they think are perks for us, that aren't, but it really is an easy program and I don't think working in Fluency will be an issue you need to stress over.

There are a lot of parameters they monitor, pause time, quality, etc., but right now the auditing system seems to have changed, and the time clock is different, and things don't seem to be as monitored or reported on as much as in the past, so it is kind of a good time to have to make the transition, in my opinion. Personally, none of those parameters have ever been a problem for me, not that I haven't missed them on occasion, but they have never been a major issue to stress over.

As a single mother supporting a family, I understand your anxiety. I have been there many times. Every time they announce a change is coming, I am a stressed out mess until it happens and turns out to not be as bad as I thought it was going to be. Never has it ever been as bad as I imagined, and what I expected based on what I read on here.

I know the mantra on here will be to go find another job outside of MT, and truthfully if that is an option it is probably the best option, but if it isn't don't despair completely just yet.

There are plenty of people working here, who still make decent money. It can be done despite what you will hear on here. There are, however, a lot of things that will factor into that, like your manager, your accounts, your skills, and your work ethics.

I will stress work ethics. I hear from my manager all the time about the poor work ethics of many MTs. If you do your best, show up when you are supposed to, learn and follow the policies, that will help make your experience better.

Don't be afraid to ask your manager questions, and you can always come here for clarification also. Some questions should be asked of your manager, but some questions will get answered quicker on here.

I do understand how you are feeling, and I hate for anyone to feel that way, because it is awful. Try to relax, take a deep breath, and come here with the attitude that you are going to do your best, and then see how it all plays out. It just might not be as bad as you think.

P.S. I have a slew of haters on here, who will probably slam me for this post, but most of them do it just because they don't like me, not because what I say isn't true. I can only speak from my experience, but everything I said is true to my personal experience working here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)