Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 52)

I'm guessing you're referring to the Politics Board? I no longer - visit any boards here except Main and Job Seeker.

Posted: Nov 28th, 2017 - 7:31 pm In Reply to: And why I'm not coming here at all too - Another MT

The political discourse here is indeed frightful, although I've been less disturbed by the rudeness than by the mindless partisanship - it's "my way or the highway" - and very little in the way of objectivity or persuasive evidence. People make - or repeat from their favorite "news" channel - completely unfounded assertions, "facts" that are selectively chosen, etc., and then when challenged have nothing to fall back on except snarky personal remarks. It's just a microcosm of what we see in Congress, with little or no interest in finding common grounds of understanding and agreement. So, who needs it?

I won't, however, abandon the site completely as there is some value in the boards I do visit. Not much on the Gab Board for me, or on the company boards where people just rail about the working conditions, etc. They seem to think that venting is the same thing as doing something about the situation, and I don't have time for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)