Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

hope these companies implode - ShakingHead

Posted: Nov 28th, 2017 - 1:39 pm In Reply to: Don't take these low pay jobs! - jjjj

I do think if companies persist in dropping wages, plus lately hiring only Independent Contractors (double-whammy for us, with the self-employment taxes), they won't be able to keep their new people very long, it'll be a revolving door and it's going to bite them in a big way. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't know how it could end up otherwise. Then either things will get better for us, or that will be the end of MT, in this country anyway. I'm working as an employee right now for an MTSO, and if our status goes to IC, or they drop our pay, I'm gone. I don't want to give up my career, I love it, but I've determined that if I ever have the opportunity to do MT work again (and given my requirements I'm sure I won't!), I won't take anything less than Employee status (immediate, not in the future), option for healthcare benefits, PTO, a couple holidays at least, and pay that is at least .10/.05 LOLOLOLOL I'm willing to work hard and rotate weekends and do all that, but I'm not putting up with this baloney any more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)