Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

How did I let it get this bad? - Sorry, just have to vent. sm

Posted: Nov 28th, 2017 - 12:40 pm

A small group of friends visited from the opposite coast for a few days. While here, the work computer I ordered arrived. Friends were amazed that I have to buy my own computer, peripherals, MS Word (their non-MT companies provide those), plus no financial reimbursement to offset cost of high-speed internet or the boosted service needed, or utilities used. They know I make min wage and actually congratulated me on being able to afford all that plus keep the house running on my pay (single, only source of income). After they left, I felt ashamed that I became so complacent and for what? So I could work from home and avoid office politics? 

Think about it. Over the last few years our base CPL has deceased yet requirements for LPH and quality have increased while dictator cell phone usage/poor audio has increased, decreasing LPH, increasing error potential; QA submissions and blanks allowed have decreased and spending too much time relistening causes decreased LPH; deductions for post audit blanks filled in can put one at the bottom of the pay grid; being paid for CCs has been eliminated, so spending any amount of time on these lower our LPH. 

I guess if you are on a good platform and have decent dictators, I simply sound like a disgruntled employee. Unfortunately, my team's weekly CLPH usually averages in the low 120s (including shift differential lines), which should give one an idea of how at least one team is struggling due to platform and/or dictations. 

I am actually grateful for the opportunity to work from home so I could be caregiver for my terminally ill parent, but that duty is now over and it's time to move on, sadly, from this "career" I had enjoyed for so long. Wish me luck. At 52 years old, it's scary changing careers, but I really have reached the end of my patience. For those who have to stay in the MLS biz, I truly do hope things work out for you. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)