Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

VR and Inscribe - romiha

Posted: Nov 28th, 2017 - 6:12 am In Reply to: VR - romiha

So now most of my major clients have transitioned to VR.

what's taking up too much of my time is client requirement vs speech engine.

When the doctor dictates John Doe, VR types "the patient". So, I get to fix those.

This client's preference is for the date to be spelled out, i.e., January 2, 2017. VR EVERY TIME types is 01/02/2017.

Per Stedman's, a vertebral disc is to be spelled with a "c". VR is typing it disk, so I get to fix those, too.

Client wants X-ray (capital X). VR doesn't know this and types it x-ray, of course.

Then there are just the routine VR stupidities I'm fixing, but these formatting ones are what are so very time consuming. I KNOW the client requirements by heart and now I'm having to train the speech engine? And getting paid 1/4 of my straight typing rate to do so?

This MTSO's requirement is to spell out numbers but VT uses numerals. "John Doe has two problems" is dictated; VR spits out "The patient has 2 problems."

This MTSO's requirement is that if "Three months' time" is dictated, I must type "Three months". of course VR types "3 months' time".

Client dictates C3-4, VR spits out C3-C4. I'm not even trying to make those match client.

what a pain in the keester for pennies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)