Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Starting work w/Athreon, require biz license, how do I get one? - Bren

Posted: Nov 25th, 2017 - 2:23 pm

Hello friends,

I hope everyone had a terrific Turkey Boogie ;)

I am starting up with Athreon - please, no boo hisses, I've read the posts, I know they're not the most popular company among other  MTs out there on mtstars.com .  They say they need Psych transcriptionists really bad right now, and I have been one for 20 years.  I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and I am going to try them out.

As we all know, they require us to have a business license, which I don't have.  I have a business Tax ID Number, which is not my own personal Social Security Number, but not a business license.  I don't even know where to begin to acquire a business license.  I heard Athreon is really picky about this.  Do I need to go down to the Fiscal Office of my city downtown and apply for one in person?  Does it cost money?  Does it require a lot of documentation?  I think I read online (maybe here) that you can do it online for free and one can just send a document to the printer?

Can anyone help me out with this, please?  I'd like to be spared of a trip all the way downtown and go through all that baloney in a County Office if it's possible.  I don't know why Athreon demands a business license when the vast majority of other medical transcription companies do not, but mine is not to ask why.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice, and have a peaceful weekend ;)

Bless you,

Bren ~

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)