Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Were your coworkers - BeenThere

Posted: Nov 23rd, 2017 - 12:48 pm In Reply to: All of this is a shame - MT

"The feds are not to be taken lightly"

Were any of your fired coworkers prosecuted? Of course not. :)

Being fired by the corporation is not the same as being charged.

I also notified the JCAHO folks about what happened to me and gave them all the documentation, but since the feds took no action and the hospital took no action, nobody gave a damn. BTW, my breach was committed by my SUPERVISOR, whom the hospital thought was the "bomb" since she saved them a bunch of money while she managed the MT department. Can you guess HOW she saved them all that money?! ;)

Money talks, people. That is why when this happens to a celebrity things happen. The average Joe is not likely to sue the hospital and has no cause of action anyway unless the breach caused financial loss of some kind. A celebrity is a public figure so certainly could suffer financial loss and sue them to recover damages. People are nosy about celebrities. The average Joe not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)