Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Andrews and others - No longer pursuing coding

Posted: Nov 18th, 2017 - 2:30 pm In Reply to: This may not be what you are looking for, but - Dropped Out

I was not an Andrews student and never completed Career Step because I had trouble with the teaching style and had some medical issues. I'm kind of surprised to read anything negative; months ago people were singing the praises of Andrews and saying how wonderful Linda is. From what I could gather, they totally prepared you to enter the coding employment world and taught to CCS level, which would be an advanced program. Something must have changed or people were not being truthful, but it was my understanding that there were assigned instructors and people were expected to report in weekly. No one ever complained about the course materials before, so that was totally new. No one ever said anything negative which for me was a red flag that there must be another side to the story. They've all moved to Facebook and I have no idea what Linda is saying that would cast an unfavorable light. It's tough to find a good program and I don't think coding is taught much at the local level unless it's a module included in medical office administration course work and concern for the future of the profession. I agree that your best bets are AHIMA and AAPC, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)