Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I was fortunate--sm - anon

Posted: Nov 16th, 2017 - 10:15 am In Reply to: Feeling ill. Beat down. - Tired MT

I never equated my value with my job so I took no self-esteem hits from Nuance. I always tried to keep it in perspective. The part I was in control of, I would do my best. Poor dictators, sound quality issues, dictator errors, etc. were never my fault and I tried to remember that there was nothing I could do to fix that. I would show up, do the work to the best of my ability and that is all I could do. My value was in the fact that I did not compromise who I was and not in the amount of my paycheck or ridiculous FIESA scores. It probably helps that I did not come from a generation where employees were valued. My mother's experience as an employee had been different and thus her expectations were different. I always figured that I was just one of many workers and that they did not give a flying fig about me and I was okay with that as long as I was paid on time which is also why I was not all that upset when the lay off came. I was frequently doing a cost-benefit analysis of the requirements of the work for the pay and it was becoming increasingly evident that no, the costs outweighed the benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)