Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Health insurance - do you need it for just yourself or family too - imedxMT

Posted: Nov 14th, 2017 - 1:25 pm In Reply to: Please don't - sm

If you only have to cover yourself, have you checked plans through the marketplace? I'm thinking of dropping to PT so I can lose imedx insurance and get a better (and much cheaper) plan on my own. I've been running out of work for weeks and find myself sitting here 12+ hours a day (one day 18!) to get 8 hours of work in and even then I can't meet the production requirement. It's darn ridiculous.

If you're providing insurance for family, I feel horrible for you. Those are the most expensive plans I've seen anywhere! (And poor coverage.) I'm furious about their enrollment period. At the time, the plan was legally affordable for me so I enrolled vs facing the fine but now with the 2 big clients going to Epic and decrease in pay from platform change amd continual OOW, their plan would technically be "unaffordable" and I could get my own coverage through the marketplace. So infuriating!! Do they do this sh*t intentionally?

Is imedx really going to hold us to the line requirement when there is simply not enough work to meet it?! I mean I certainly don't doubt that they will (we know how they are) but I fail to understand how a logical person could think that makes any sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)