Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC - Daisy

Posted: Nov 13th, 2017 - 9:44 pm In Reply to: They can request, but not demand. I would - approach

In regard to the working weekends. As I am an IC working for the unmentioned company this particular IC is defaming, if the IC had read the global email correctly she would know that the weekend working is not a mandatory thing if you work no weekend day. As for the state of California, an IC is basically not paid to do anything but transcribe, that's it and that's all. An IC can work as many hours as she likes, but does not get compensated with overtime, holiday pay, sick pay or vacation pay. If I were a new IC just starting for a company, I think it would be in my BEST INTEREST to attend this 30 minute meeting as the benefits of learning the in's and out's of a new program alone would pay for itself. In my opinion, if you are new to being an independent contractor, you should read up on your State's definition of just the IC is and is not required to do. No one can go to a labor board about really anything when you are an IC except for not being paid the agreed amount for your services. Just a little head's up kids, read up before you post anything on a public site. It not only makes you look bad, but the company you are writing about as well. Take it from a gal who has been in this business for 45 years, it pays to "look it up" before you speak!
Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)