Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Lowest wage (per hour) that you were ever paid - Pam

Posted: Nov 13th, 2017 - 3:39 am

Out of curiosity, what is the lowest wage, estimated per hour, that you have ever worked at?

I have 30+ years of MT experience, working directly for individual offices.  I was approached by MTSO through a friend of a friend to help out as an IC, but found out that they wanted me to work fixed hours, on their portals, transcribing dictations from a large hospital as they came.  I am in the USA, on the East Coast.  Pay was per line, as counted by the portal.  After my first week, the MTSO owners were very happy with my work but after I got my line count from the portal, I found out that I made on average less than $4/hour.  I cut my losses and quit.

I feel as if I just came from a long trip to Mars. Do other MTSOs also pay so little?  I felt more of an employee than an independent contractor with fixed hours during which I was unable to do anything else so shouldn't this be hourly wage and not per line?  I no longer work there so I consider that week volunteering time for a friend of a friend - rather than a job - but how come that MTSO owners feel I was the one that was unreasonable?  Do MTs really work for a fraction of minimum wage in the USA nowadays?

What is the lowest wage in $ per hour that you were ever paid and how long did you work at that wage?  Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)