Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Good For You! - see msg

Posted: Nov 7th, 2017 - 5:21 pm In Reply to: Finally.... I have a non MT interview! - nervous

Good for you! I got out a few years ago.

I agree with poster about telling them you won't miss working from home. However, I wouldn't sound like you don't want to work from home. There may be a day your job will be from home, and you don't want to burn that bridge. Just tell them you're ready to go!

References is another problem in this business. We've had so many supes and buyouts. I kept a list of all my supes, and on the application, I put "Last known contact information..." They've kind of gotten away from calling references (unless you're working with the elderly or children, but then it's usually personal references), so this shouldn't be a huge deal.

Dress appropriately. Don't dress like you're wanting to take over the place. I had a simple navy blue dress that I wore on all my interviews, and a pair of conservative shoes--no spikes! No perfume. Minimal makeup. No cleavage. If you have tattoos, hide them with clothing. If you have multiple piercings, don't fill them all in. Gradually, you can see what's acceptable and what's not as time goes on.

Be 5-10 minutes early. No more. If you do show up earlier than that, just sit in the car until the 10-minute mark. DO NOT BE LATE. If you're not sure where the place is exactly, do a dry run before interview day so you don't get yourself nervous and flustered--or worse, late. Even if you have a GPS, you can be driving around a complex in circles.

Under no circumstances should you cut down the company you worked for or your supervisor, or even the field. Just say there was a shortage of work in the field, and you chose to think ahead by entering into another field.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)