Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Fair warning about short term disability - Debye

Posted: Nov 7th, 2017 - 10:57 am In Reply to: Only problem with marketplace is the Mmodal - plan for single coverage is usually

I will be going on STD the end of the month and my weekly pay will be approximately 13.85 after 2 weeks of nothing. That is because I now receive social security retirement. They deduct any money you have coming in from what the STD will pay. It doesn't seem to matter what type of secondary income you have, if you have anything at all they will deduct it from your benefit. I have paid much more in short term and long term disability than I have used or will use. Also, somehow I managed to screw myself last year even though I thought I was just re-issuing what I had in the past. My STD is only 50% of my pay. If I had done whatever right I would only get 60%, but 10% more is 10% more. You might want to check the info out before you opt to get STD or LTD. I'm not sure how Family Medical Leave works with if, if you do not have STD for it to be effective. That's something I have to call benefits for. I do know that you have to take FLMA with the STD or you could be fired while on disability. Screwed either way you go. This is just my experience so far. Yours may be different. Good luck to us all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)