Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 46)

4 cents a line?! - romiha

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2017 - 12:16 pm In Reply to: I totally agree - Old MT

Sorry to be getting to the party late ...I am about half-way through my VR training - but 4 cents a line? how many characters = 1 line?

Have a client with my MTSO switching to VR next week. Currently 47 VBC pays me 10¢. Of course Inscribe has "Qualified Text (QT)" which pays 2.5¢ and is more often than not wrong but that's beside the point here.

So, when client switches to VR, I will be paid 2.5¢ for 65 characters with spaces.

using MS Word, a document for example has 6035 characters (no spaces). Assume no QT, that's 6035/47 = 128 lines @ 10¢ per line = $12.80.

same document, 7241 Characters (with spaces) but if VR, that is 7241/65 = 111.4 @ 2.5 cents per line = $2.78.

More math - I'd have to edit 4.6 VR documents to equal the one non VR document. Not sure that's going to happen - at least not intially when I'm still getting the hang of it.

Still, I'm familiar with the client (11 years), so I'm **hoping** things go smoothly. I can't afford to lose much more money!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)