Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Talking to myself - Solution inside

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2017 - 11:09 pm In Reply to: IE 11/Foxfire Bayscribe Epic - Help

Bayscribe, Windows 7 and IE8 - sm [ In Reply To ..]
I just went through this not to long ago on a new Windows 7 32/64-bit computer.

Bayscribe will work with either Internet Explorer 8 or 9, but it *must* be the 32-bit IE version, not the 64-bit version.

If you're running IE8 or IE9 with the 64-bit version, you already have the 32-bit version but just don't know it.

1. On the start menu, go to "Computer" (towards the right hand side). Then, click on your hard drive icon (usually the "C:" drive), and this will bring up your File Directory.
2. Click on "Program Files (x86)" to open it.
3. Then, find "Internet Explorer" directory and click on that to open it.
4. In the list of files, find the file called "iexplore" and RIGHT-click on it. Choose "Send To" and then "Desktop (create shortcut)".

This will create an icon on your desktop for the 32-bit version of IE8 (or IE9, whichever you are using).

You will have to use this icon for opening IE in order to work in Bayscribe since it will open the 32-bit version. Don't use the IE icon on the taskbar at the bottom as this will open the 64-bit version by default.

Thank you to the dear soul who spent the time to type this so comprehensively and leave no detail out.

You have saved the day, my friend. Bless your heart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)