Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Ridiculous tests and e mails - MT

Posted: Oct 31st, 2017 - 4:10 pm

The following scenario has happened several times very recently. I think this is totally ridiculous and unfair. Where has reality gone?  Here goes:  I recently was laid off from my job. So, I have sent many resumes out and taken a lot of tests.  These tests include really, really bad dictations. I mean to the point where there is either so much static, or it is obvious the dictator does not speak English, or even real whispering. I put forth 100% of my time and effort on this.  Then in each case (at least 3 I can think of at the moment) the companies say they will get back to me.  It takes them a very long time (weeks) at which point I have to keep testing because I am losing my car, going hungry, etc.  Then I get an e mail stating I did not pass because of missing information (blanks)! I am told to take the test again in 3 months. ARG!  What the heck? I know for a FACT these are bad audio. I am not going crazy. I know for a FACT I leave blanks for inaudible.  This I thougth was what the test was for. Now, I get these rejections saying I should have been able to understand and transcribe these dictations. Who is fooling who? Why don't they just say they are not interested. What is the point of putting us through these tests. Most importantly I want to know who gets hired for these companies. Are these people miracle workers? Do they know something I do not? I have over 30 years' experience in all work types, and straight typing, and editing too. You know what? These are not just medical companies doing this. Now it's insurance companies, legal companies, etc. Does anyone have a theory as to what this is about? Is the brow beating now starting at the job testing? Why is this spreading to other sectors (not just medical, which we know is abusive).  Seriously I have no idea what the heck is going on here.  Do these employers have to put a job interview out there so that we fail and then they hire their friends. I'd like to hear the other side of the story or comments on this. I just can't stand it anymore! Where is real world reality in all of this. Thanks for listening. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)