Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

$15 lowest as soon as off full review, $20 - for skilled, which would be

Posted: Oct 31st, 2017 - 1:39 pm In Reply to: Team leader? - MTfor years

around $40K/year for an average editor, WITH production incentive scales allowing those who tried to raise earnings above that.

And that's not at all greedy. To be done well, this work takes particular talents many people simply don't have and a number of skills, expander proficiency among them for most, that have long, long learning curves requiring huge investments of lost income that many simply couldn't afford even decent pay were at the end.

Know exactly what you mean about all those fussy little corrections. But I question whether typing all of "The scope was then withdrawn and the colon examined scrupulously" needs to take longer than hopping over and changing "colic" to "colon," even if that's followed by having to hop over again to drop a comma after the "scrupulously" because it's followed by "taking particular care..."

My attitude is helped, I imagine, by my belief that editing is far more productive and higher skill level work than straight typing.

Even if the scoundrels who are currently trying to cut their taxes down past fat and muscle into our national bones are the same types as those who already used the transition to editing to cut our line rates similarly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)