Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

Are you by any chance my team leader? :) - She feels the same way and

Posted: Oct 30th, 2017 - 10:43 am In Reply to: Edit vs. typing - MTfor years

has pretty much the same experiences.

Me, nearly 20 years ago now when the first accounts started at Transcend, I asked for and got to be on the second. Wow -- the "machine" types the long, long pages at something close to the speed of light and I "edit"?

Villainous that the upgrade to working consistently at a higher skill level didn't translate into higher income, of course.

I use my expander very, very extensively for both transcribing and editing. Last summer, when I got to go back to straight transcribing after not doing it for years, it really beat up my hands. They work all day anyway, but they let me know emphatically that they weren't used to that. Interesting experience. But of course the expander issue means that my experience would be at least somewhat different from yours on that basis alone.

Btw, why not turn it on and try using it again only for a limited number of those repetitive corrections? Like when you have to drop a "The" at the beginning of a sentence and lower-casing the word it's next to? Maybe just 5 little "assistants" to make your life a little easier?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)