Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

What does that mean? I've often thought - I should reconfigure the entire

Posted: Oct 29th, 2017 - 1:05 pm In Reply to: You choose what your marker keys are - IT user

keyboard, for instance moving the arrow keys to the center, getting control up where the hands rest, etcetera.

That would be extremely valuable, otherwise it may be that IT has merely upgraded its keyboard capabilities to be more competitive with Shorthand's.

I've never run into anything I can't do with Shorthand that I need to do in my work, except that it will not build expansions for me. But the ability to reconfigure the keyboard would change all that.

Fwiw, SH doesn't use what IT calls marker keys. Those are probably multifunctional but seem to be often used to make up for problems in relying on the display windows too much? I.e., the marker keys can help quickly choose between 2 of the expansions on the IT-created list, but not any others that start with the same letters?

In any case, I do respect the capabilities of IT, the OTHER expander that's always also been one of the two industry leaders. It's obvious, though, that those making the most outrageous claims have no familiarity with Shorthand's own very broad capability, only a fraction of which I use. After battling IT's learning curve, it's certainly understandable that some would want to feel it was worth it, but still, no need to turn it into an ideology. There's more than enough of that around these days. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)