Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

North American MTs need to leave jobs that pay poorly en masse. - lynlou

Posted: Oct 28th, 2017 - 5:43 pm In Reply to: Qualifying dictators for VR/SR - crabbypants

If MTs stopped working on any accounts where SR does not make you twice as productive and resulting in lower pay; yes, that might involve finding other work, things would need to change. As MT has become a minimum wage job for some, finding another minimum wage job that does not require the skill set required for MT should not be too much of a problem. Steps need to be taken to get out of MT if you are not compensated adequately. Other health professionals (nurses, for example) would not accept to have their pay lowered in half due to technology; why should an MT? I refuse to do SR now as I could never do as well as with straight typing. I do straight typing only in MT. No SR for me. I do non-MT work as well, but MT is still a good part of my income.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)