Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Cherry picking - anon8500

Posted: Oct 27th, 2017 - 11:04 am

One of the messages posted below, somebody mentioned cherry picking.  This topic always sets me off!  Here is why:

Moved to a new account.  Different platform.  Supposed to do next in line and don't like that doc?  Oh, just sit in the job for an hour until somebody gets to the one you don't like!  We actually had no problem cherry picking on that platform, but people would sit in jobs to not be as obvious!  And things would go out of turn because they would sit there!

I spent many nights stuck with the doctor nobody could understand because the other person on my shift refused to actually listen to her.  Well, unbeknownst to this other person, if they would have actually listened, they would have found out that the doc that could not be understood read directly from the admitting H&P and her physical exam rarely changed.  Even the BP was the same for every person.  LOL  This made for one of the easiest docs.  But, I got used to listening to her voice and yes, there are times when she is still garbly, but I can understand her much better...because I was on the receiving end of an @#$Q#%@ cherry picker.  

Then we were moved to EditScript....

So, while I do understand the urge to cherry pick the most wonderful doctors, you are really doing yourself a disservice. 

Everybody keeps talking about how we are looking for another round of layoffs and blah blah, but how are you setting yourself up to make sure you stay?  Cherry picking?  What is going to happen when everyone around you is gone and you have no idea what the doc is saying because you could not put in the time to try to learn that doc?  You will be frustrated and quit too.  

And before everybody goes off the deep end, I will say again, NO, I AM NOT CORPORATE.  I AM NOT AN OM.  I AM NOT QA.  I AM AN MT IN THE SAME TRENCHES AND THIS IS MY RANT.

I feel better now.  Have a pleasant day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)