Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

No surprise... - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Oct 26th, 2017 - 10:23 pm In Reply to: nuance disgusts me - disgusted MT

The fact that Nuance is doing this is not a surprise and should not be to anybody else. Nuance has made no effort to hide the fact that they are outsourcing to other US companies as well as investing millions in India. Just last year (I think, brain is scrambled from a long day), an article was put out about how Nuance was bragging about investing millions overseas for infrastructure including large facilities and hiring over 3k Indians for staffing. It has also long been known that they have been outsourcing to other US companies that utilize ICs all in the name to save money. They do not give a rat's behind about those that have got them where they are.

No doubt after the cyber attack they lost accounts. Their very own clients saw them as a liability after they were taken down for 2 weeks and the client had to find other ways to get their work done, which means the client figured out they could save money by having the docs do it themselves, finding a yet cheaper service or hiring a scribe. Nuance lost money hand over foot with that attack having to pay down time as well as all the other goodies they said they would, so of course they HAVE to find a way to recoup somehow. Clients do not want their info going overseas, but they do not realize that it makes its way over there anyhow. Sad thing is, a lot of other companies are following their example. MT is dying, it just has taken its last breath yet.

I was fired in February and frankly, it was a godsend. I was depressed, isolated myself, and had basically given up. Honestly, I wanted to die. It seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I almost lost my husband of 14 years. After being given the axe,things have gotten SOOO much better and honestly, it is NOT worth working in this profession in any shape or form. My mental and physical health are better. I understand that there are those out there that cannot get out or work outside the house, but I encourage each of you to find your plan B and a way out (just realized that sounded like I was encouraging someone to leave an abusive relationship...oh wait...it IS abusive). Dont be scared. There is life after N.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)