Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

To Observation - I work for MTSO who does N overflow

Posted: Oct 25th, 2017 - 6:32 pm In Reply to: An observation - MTfor years

You are so right; all of these companies are little N's! There is absolutely no learning curve. I don't like the fact that in Emdat you can't research other reports like you can in Fluency, not that I am a fan of MM either, but I like their program better and it isn't all that great either.

The ESLs and PA's, etc., just rattle off names so fast, you can't understand them, rattle off meds that they can hardly pronounce and the numbers are a nightmare and punctuation. This is all in voice mind you. Also what about good old English grammar. Are we writing a novel or documenting? Again, Nuance and MM (starting with Spheris) has just killed this profession and every decent MT out there.

Their monitoring and policing everything little thing is ridiculous. Does it really matter if you put p.m. or PM? NO! Does it matter if you leave a space at the top of report by accident? I actually got a critical error for that! OMG, just shoot me now.

I hate what this job has become. I only do it for supplement and have to work for 2 companies to even make PT hours, but at least I am not at their mercy like I was for so long. If they fire me, lay me off, run out of work, I could care less and I leave my computer when I want and work when I want and if it is some whack job from the far east or motor mouth who stumbles over their own words, I skip it and don't brandish me. For what they pay, is what they get from me. Also no more free work, spending time on all of their emails and Book of Style. What a farce that is.

How many times are we cleaning up their mess? And don't even get me started on demographics and cc's that we DO NOT get paid for, yet are held accountable for, even though they screw up.

I love the "act of terrorism" reference in your post; could not be more spot on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)